Charlottesville’s Premier HVAC & Plumbing Company Since 1988
From the first time you contact our team, you’ll start to learn what our customers already know — we’re different. With a commitment to total customer satisfaction, Albemarle Heating & Air has always provided HVAC and plumbing services based on your needs with a focus on health, safety, comfort, and the environment.
Albemarle Heating & Air: Created To Serve Your Needs
Tom Kavounas saw the need for a company of superb quality that focused on the customer’s needs rather than on budget pricing. Locals overwhelmingly supported the idea, and Albemarle Heating & Air was founded in March 1988. The business began operations from a one-bay garage with five people and two old trucks.
Despite these humble beginnings, the company grew faster than anyone anticipated, largely due to its customer-focused philosophy. In no time, word spread from happy clients who were finally comfortable in their homes and businesses, and Albemarle Heating & Air became a mainstay in the Charlottesville area.
Today, our team is comprised of over 80 individuals with some of the best training and experience of any company in the country.
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Specialists
- Certified Indoor Environmentalists (CIE)
- Administrators, Honeywell Air Advice IAQ Monitor
- EPA, ENERGY STAR® Program, Duct System Testing Facility
- National Balance Institute, Certified Residential and Light Commercial Air Balancing and Diagnostic Technicians
- EPA, 40-CFR Part 82 Certified Proctors
- Enalasys, Escan AC Computerized HVAC Diagnostic Systems Engineers (One of only 90 in the U.S.)
- EPA, 40-CFR Part 82 Subpart F Testing Facility
- Licensed Master HVAC
- Licensed Master Gas Fitter
- Certified Universal Technician
- Certified Energy Consultants
- Accredited Mortgage Industry National Home Energy Rating System Consultants
- Certified Home Energy Raters (HERS)
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) Certified Instructors, Manuals J, D, H, S, RS, 4, T, P, Q, CS, N. (Certified to teach other contractors)
- American Institute of Respiratory Education (Certified to teach continuing education credits in Indoor Air Quality to the medical profession)
- Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) Certified Training Facility
Albemarle Heating & Air is your trusted partner for all your HVAC and plumbing needs.
Our dedicated team has the expertise and tools to provide reliable solutions throughout Charlottesville. Count on our team for:
- Air conditioning services: We deliver expert repair, replacement, and maintenance for central AC units and ductless mini-splits in homes and businesses.
- Heating services: Our team efficiently repairs, replaces, and maintains furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, and geothermal systems in homes and businesses.
- Indoor air quality solutions: We’ll conduct an energy audit to determine your air quality needs. We install air scrubbers, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers and provide ductwork installation and repair.
- Plumbing services: Count on our team to keep your plumbing in top shape with drain cleaning, sewer line repair, pipe repair, water heater services, and more.
When you choose Albemarle Heating & Air, you can rest assured knowing that our experienced technicians are just a call away, ready to assist you 24/7 with emergency heating and air conditioning repair.
Call 434-293-4556 now to request HVAC or plumbing services in Charlottesville.
What a pleasure it was turning on the shower last night and having immediate hot water! Also, using the much more comfortable and clean toilets! Once again, we are very pleased with the work your crew did!
I love Albemarle Heating and Air. Every single person we have ever had has been polite, concerned, efficient and knowledgeable. We have had them service both our furnace and our air conditioner and I felt good about every interaction ...
Albemarle Heating and Air has been servicing our HVAC for going on 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to deal with, and professional. Highly recommend!!
The technicians are always punctual, polite, and knowledgeable and take the time to explain their recommendations.
The technician was personable and knowledgeable on the repair. Great experience. I would use AH&A again!
The technician conducted a routine checkup of my HVAC system. He called me before he arrived, early in the four-hour window. He made sure to wear coverings on his feet. Told me what he was doing as he worked ...