Wall Leak Repair in the Charlottesville, VA Area
Serving Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Nelson, Augusta, Madison, Greene, and Orange Counties
Leaks happen. Often, we can see them as soon as they occur under toilets, at outdoor fixtures, or near sinks. Sometimes, they happen behind walls where we can’t see them. Maybe a pipe has corroded to the point of perforation. Perhaps plummeting temperatures under just the right conditions cause the problem. Whatever the situation, the professionals at Albemarle Heating & Air understand wall leaks and the techniques and tools needed for their pipe repair.
Signs You Have a Wall Leak
By design, most of your home’s plumbing is hidden from view by ceilings, walls, floors, or other structural components. When leaks form, it’s not unusual for a long time to pass before they’re noticed. By that time, a lot of damage may already have been done. If any of these signs appear, call for leak detection and repair immediately:
- Bubbling or discoloration on drywall: Stains or bulges develop near wall leaks.
- Mold or mildew: Damp, warm spots promote the growth of mold or mildew colonies. These are often found accompanied by musty smells.
- Mystery water use: If you turn off all the water fixtures in your house and your water meter is still running, you may have a hidden leak somewhere.
- Running water sounds: The sound of trickling, dripping, or running water from your walls is not typical.
- Spiking utility bills: Sudden spikes in water bills often indicate a leak that needs to be repaired.
- Warm spots: If a spot on the wall is warm to the touch, there may be a hot water leak behind it.
Don’t Let a Leak Go Unrepaired
Unrepaired leaks cause a host of serious problems if left unchecked. The results can be dangerous and costly:
- Drywall loses its integrity
- Foundations develop catastrophic cracks
- Mold and mildew growth
- Walls can be damaged, but so can floors and interior structures
- Wasted water causes utility bills to spike
Common Causes of Wall Leaks
The following are some common causes of wall leaks:
- Pipe connections or fittings that leak: Sink pipes, drains, or other fixtures that leak every time they use water.
- Leaky toilets or tubs: Toilet bases or tile cracks can allow water to pass through.
- Appliance hoses: Hoses from dishwashers or washing machines might develop leaks that soak through floors and ceilings.
- Roof shingles: Failing shingles can lead to leaks on upper-level walls.
Why Choose Albemarle Heating & Air for Wall Leak Repair?
We’ve been in business since 1988. We take our peace-of-mind guarantees seriously for our customers. Our plumbers are highly trained, background-checked, and have earned many industry awards and certifications. Homeowners can also take advantage of special offers, financing options, and coupons.
What a pleasure it was turning on the shower last night and having immediate hot water! Also, using the much more comfortable and clean toilets! Once again, we are very pleased with the work your crew did!
I love Albemarle Heating and Air. Every single person we have ever had has been polite, concerned, efficient and knowledgeable. We have had them service both our furnace and our air conditioner and I felt good about every interaction ...
Albemarle Heating and Air has been servicing our HVAC for going on 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to deal with, and professional. Highly recommend!!
The technicians are always punctual, polite, and knowledgeable and take the time to explain their recommendations.
The technician was personable and knowledgeable on the repair. Great experience. I would use AH&A again!
The technician conducted a routine checkup of my HVAC system. He called me before he arrived, early in the four-hour window. He made sure to wear coverings on his feet. Told me what he was doing as he worked ...