Pipe Repair in the Charlottesville, VA Area
Serving Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Nelson, Augusta, Madison, Greene, and Orange Counties
Damaged water pipes affect your entire home. When you have leaky, frozen, or burst pipes, you need help fast! Left unaddressed, you’ll have to deal with costly water damage to your home’s structural foundation and wasted water.
At Albemarle Heating & Air, we’re proud to offer superior pipe repairs to the residents of Charlottesville from our fully licensed and insured plumbers.
Signs You Need Pipe Repair
Your pipes are mostly hidden behind walls, so determining when you need pipe repair can be difficult.
Whether you have a hidden leak or a burst pipe, homeowners should pay attention to any signs that their pipes might be damaged to get service quickly.
Signs of damaged water pipes include:
- No water: When you turn on your faucets but no water comes out, you may have frozen pipes.
- Low water pressure: If your sinks and showers have low water pressure, this is a sign that your water pipes are leaky or broken.
- High water bills: A sudden spike in your water bill can indicate that a leak is resulting in wasted water.
- Water stains on walls and ceilings: Water stains or damp spots could be a sign of a hidden leak.
- Discolored water: If your water is red or brown, it could be the result of corroded or broken pipes. Your water may not be safe to drink.
If you have outdated or severely damaged pipes, you may need repiping.
What To Do If You Have a Leaky or Burst Pipe
If your pipes are frozen, trust Albemarle Heating & Air to restore your water supply. We can help you safely thaw your pipes to ensure they don’t burst and inspect for leaks.
If you already have a burst pipe, take these steps to mitigate the damage:
- Shut off your main water valve.
- Open faucets to drain any remaining water.
- Flip the circuit breaker to the affected areas to avoid electric shock.
- Call the trusted plumbers at Albemarle Heating & Air for pipe repair.
- Remove puddles or standing water using towels, mops, or buckets to prevent mold and mildew.
Frozen Pipe Prevention
When temperatures drop substantially, water freezes and expands in your pipes, adding pressure that could lead them to leak or bust.
However, there are many ways that homeowners can help prevent frozen pipes in the winter:
- Drain water from outdoor pipes like sprinkler supply lines and pools
- Drain and remove all exterior hoses
- Winterize hose bibbs
- Install pipe insulation
- Wrap pipes in heat tape
- Never set your thermostat lower than 55
- Drip faucets on cold nights
- Open under sink cabinets on cold nights
- Keep garage doors closed
Contact Albemarle Heating & Air for Pipe Repair in Charlottesville
Trust the team at Albemarle Heating & Air for all your plumbing service needs, including leaky, frozen, and burst pipe repair needs.
We provide upfront pricing, so you never have to worry about surprise charges. With our peace of mind guarantees, it’s no wonder we’ve been Charlottesville’s preferred home services company since 1988!
What a pleasure it was turning on the shower last night and having immediate hot water! Also, using the much more comfortable and clean toilets! Once again, we are very pleased with the work your crew did!
I love Albemarle Heating and Air. Every single person we have ever had has been polite, concerned, efficient and knowledgeable. We have had them service both our furnace and our air conditioner and I felt good about every interaction ...
Albemarle Heating and Air has been servicing our HVAC for going on 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to deal with, and professional. Highly recommend!!
The technicians are always punctual, polite, and knowledgeable and take the time to explain their recommendations.
The technician was personable and knowledgeable on the repair. Great experience. I would use AH&A again!
The technician conducted a routine checkup of my HVAC system. He called me before he arrived, early in the four-hour window. He made sure to wear coverings on his feet. Told me what he was doing as he worked ...