Boiler Services in the Charlottesville, VA Area
Boiler Repair, Installation & Maintenance in Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Nelson, Augusta, Madison, Greene, and Orange Counties
Boilers release heat through radiators, infusing the room with heat from object to object rather than through a vent. This creates a warmer and more comfortable atmosphere inside your home.
If you are interested in a new boiler, need a boiler repair, or require boiler maintenance for your existing equipment, call Albemarle Heating & Air. Our expert technicians offer heating installation, repair, and maintenance in Charlottesville and surrounding areas.
24/7 Emergency Boiler Repair in the Charlottesville Area
Boilers deliver reliable heat, but you need to be able to recognize when your boiler is malfunctioning to ensure personal safety and prevent property damage. Signs you need boiler repair include:
- Clanging and banging sounds
- Strange odors
- A yellow or orange pilot light
- Unreasonably high energy bills
- Inadequate heating
- Water or fuel leaks
If you notice any of these issues, Albemarle Heating & Air has the tools and expertise needed to provide a fast heating repair that will resolve the issue the first time.
Charlottesville-Area Boiler Installation & Replacement
At Albemarle Heating & Air, we install and maintain gas, oil, and electric boilers.
Boilers have a life span of 10 to 15 years and, just like any other HVAC system, become increasingly unreliable as they age. Plan your boiler replacement, so you don’t have to worry about rushing to replace your unit after a complete breakdown.
We suggest you consider a new heating installation if your system is nearing the end of its life span or if:
- Your boiler breaks down repeatedly.
- Your boiler experience a chronic loss of pressure.
- Your electricity bills are high despite routine maintenance.
- Your boiler is slow to heat up.
- Your boiler needs repairs that exceed 50% of the unit’s value.
Benefits of Heating Your Home With a Boiler
- Space: Boilers come in all different shapes and sizes, and you can choose a model that doesn’t require extra space.
- Environmental friendliness: Modern boilers are environmentally friendly as they don’t rely on fossil fuels to provide heat.
- Energy efficiency: Electric boilers don’t require a flue, and that means that your heat doesn’t escape. This gives electric boilers almost 100% efficiency.
- Quiet operation: Boiler design has improved dramatically over the past few years. This means that boilers are now much quieter than their predecessors ever were. This means you have more options as to where a boiler could be kept on your property.
Boiler Maintenance in Charlottesville
Annual heating maintenance protects your investment in your system and sustains your boiler’s energy efficiency, all while maximizing its service life. A well-maintained boiler performs better for longer by:
- Minimizing wear and tear
- Improving energy efficiency
- Preventing unexpected breakdowns
- Reducing your lifetime repair costs
- Keeping your system clean and in good repair
Why Choose Albemarle Heating & Air?
You deserve comfort in any weather, so we always provide expert installations, 24/7 emergency repairs, and routine maintenance to ensure your boiler stays in top shape.
Choose our team for:
- Service for all brands
- Financing options
- Coupons and special offers
- Free estimates on replacements and service calls
- And more!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do boilers work?
Boilers work by heating water. The heated water provides either hot water or steam for heat, which is then distributed throughout the house through steam radiators, baseboard radiators, or radiant heat systems
High-efficiency boilers offer a comfortable, energy-efficient, and clean source of heat for your home.
Is a boiler and water heater the same thing?
While they may look similar, boilers and water heaters have different functions:
- Boilers heat water and turn it into steam that is used to heat your home.
- Water heaters produce a potable supply of water for cooking, cleaning, and personal hygiene.
What’s the difference between a boiler and a furnace?
A boiler uses hot water and a heat exchanger to heat your home. A furnace is a forced-air heating system that relies on a blower motor.
Are boilers efficient?
Because boilers don’t require air ducts, there is less energy loss. However, when choosing a boiler system, it is important to make sure it is the right fit for your home.
Annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) is the metric to measure boiler efficiency. The number notes how efficiently the heating system converts energy to heat. So a boiler with an AFUE of 90% tells you that 90% of the energy in the fuel is becoming heat, only losing 10%.
What a pleasure it was turning on the shower last night and having immediate hot water! Also, using the much more comfortable and clean toilets! Once again, we are very pleased with the work your crew did!
I love Albemarle Heating and Air. Every single person we have ever had has been polite, concerned, efficient and knowledgeable. We have had them service both our furnace and our air conditioner and I felt good about every interaction ...
Albemarle Heating and Air has been servicing our HVAC for going on 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to deal with, and professional. Highly recommend!!
The technicians are always punctual, polite, and knowledgeable and take the time to explain their recommendations.
The technician was personable and knowledgeable on the repair. Great experience. I would use AH&A again!
The technician conducted a routine checkup of my HVAC system. He called me before he arrived, early in the four-hour window. He made sure to wear coverings on his feet. Told me what he was doing as he worked ...