Packaged HVAC Services in Charlottesville, VA
Packaged HVAC Installation, Repair & Maintenance in Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa & Nelson Counties
Packaged units are a cost-effective, energy-efficient solution for homes and businesses throughout the Charlottesville area.
Unlike conventional split systems, packaged systems incorporate your HVAC system‘s indoor and outdoor units into a single outdoor unit. This creates a compact solution that’s ideal for smaller properties.
At Albemarle Heating & Air, our NATE-certified HVAC technicians can install, maintain, and repair packaged units.
Types of Packaged HVAC Units
There are many different types of packaged HVAC units, including the following:
- Packaged air conditioners function like a split system, but there’s no indoor air handler. It offers great humidity control during the summer in milder climates like Charlottesville.
- Packaged heat pumps transfer heat through evaporator and condenser coils. In the summer, the system pulls heat from inside your home or business and transfers it outside. In the winter, the system is reversed by pulling warm air into the space.
- Packaged dual-fuel systems contain a heat pump and furnace. The heat pump cools and heats your property most of the time. The advantage of this configuration is that it allows you to optimize efficiency by using your furnace in extremely cold weather.
- Packaged gas-electric systems contain a gas furnace and electric air conditioner. This functions like a traditional heating and air conditioning system, except all HVAC units are outdoors.
Packaged HVAC Unit Installation & Replacement
At Albemarle Heating & Air, we can install a packaged unit that suits your property’s comfort needs.
Small and compact, they’re easy to install and require less space than split systems. They are also easily maintained, energy-efficient, and provide long-term reliability.
Our team will prepare the installation site, install the unit, and calibrate your packaged HVAC system to deliver optimal performance.
Packaged HVAC Unit Repair for Charlottesville Homes & Businesses
While sturdy and reliable, mechanical components will wear out and may fail over time. When your packaged unit stops delivering the reliable performance you require, our team will thoroughly assess the condition of your system and promptly diagnose the problem.
Common signs you need packaged HVAC system repair include:
- Inconsistent heating or cooling capacity
- Poor indoor air quality
- System short-cycling
- Squealing, grinding, grating, or banging noises from the unit
- Rising utility bills
Packaged HVAC Unit Maintenance
Proper maintenance is essential for reliable performance. We recommend scheduling annual maintenance on all packaged HVAC systems for optimal efficiency.
During your routine tune-up, our technicians will:
- Inspect the unit for wear and damage
- Clean key components
- Test the compressor and motor
- Check temperature differentials
- And more
Call Albemarle Heating & Air for All Your HVAC Service Needs in Charlottesville
Since 1988, Albemarle Heating & Air has proudly served the Charlottesville community. Our friendly staff will always deliver the professionalism and exceptional workmanship you deserve.
When you choose our team to service your HVAC systems, you will enjoy:
- Peace of mind guarantees
- Upfront pricing
- Licensed and insured technicians
- Emergency HVAC service
- And more
Frequently Asked Questions
Are packaged HVAC units energy-efficient?
Packaged systems can be just as efficient as split system. Your efficiency depends on the SEER rating you choose.
Packaged HVAC units deliver up to SEER 18, and the minimum requirement for in Virginia is SEER 15.
How long do packaged HVAC units last?
With proper care and maintenance, most packaged HVAC units will last 12 to 15 years.
Their life span is comparable to split systems, depending on the type of packaged HVAC unit you choose.
What a pleasure it was turning on the shower last night and having immediate hot water! Also, using the much more comfortable and clean toilets! Once again, we are very pleased with the work your crew did!
I love Albemarle Heating and Air. Every single person we have ever had has been polite, concerned, efficient and knowledgeable. We have had them service both our furnace and our air conditioner and I felt good about every interaction ...
Albemarle Heating and Air has been servicing our HVAC for going on 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to deal with, and professional. Highly recommend!!
The technicians are always punctual, polite, and knowledgeable and take the time to explain their recommendations.
The technician was personable and knowledgeable on the repair. Great experience. I would use AH&A again!
The technician conducted a routine checkup of my HVAC system. He called me before he arrived, early in the four-hour window. He made sure to wear coverings on his feet. Told me what he was doing as he worked ...