10-Point Spring HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Even though winter isn’t officially over yet, it is time to start thinking about Spring cleaning. Most folks think about Spring cleaning as a time to get rid of useless stuff you’ve been accumulating over the winter, a time to brush away the cobwebs, and to finally get rid of the dust bunnies hibernating under the couch. It’s also time to start thinking about some other chores that are a crucial part of your Spring cleaning routine such as the need to do a little HVAC maintenance to make sure your heating and cooling systems are running properly and efficiently for those cooler spring days, and soon to come warmer summer weather.
A properly running and maintained HVAC system is one of the most important things you as a homeowner must achieve to ensure the comfort of your family and the lowest possible utility bill each season. Many folks don’t think they need to call the HVAC company to come out unless they are having a problem with their system. That is truly not the case. Think of HVAC maintenance as a tune up for your unit. You would not go without tuning up your vehicle, and you should not go without tuning up your HVAC unit! Why should you have the Spring HVAC maintenance performed on your system? Here’s what might happen if you don’t take care of your HVAC system with regular maintenance:
If You Don’t Have Spring and Fall HVAC Maintenance You Put Yourself at Risk For:
- Wasting money on utility bills because the system isn’t clean and is forced to work harder
- Systems may fail just when you need them most if they are not properly maintained
- Water lines may become clogged causing major damage to your home
Why Spring HVAC Maintenance is Important
The old adage is true: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Having your HVAC System maintained in the Spring before the hot summer days require it to work hard all day long is imperative to keeping your system in peak condition. Following a scheduled HVAC maintenance routine will not only save you tons of money on utility bills, it will give you peace of mind knowing that your HVAC system will work properly and efficiently when you need it most (cool spring nights and hot summer days.) It is not a good feeling when you need your home to be heated or cooled only to find your system is not working properly. In many cases, these issues can be identified during a preventative maintenance inspection before they become a major issue. Not familiar with what a preventative maintenance visit for your HVAC unit entails? Here are the services performed and a little insight as to the importance of the task at hand.
Spring HVAC Service Includes:
- Clean and lubricate indoor HVAC components such as blower fans and coils so that the unit is working efficiently and keeping your utility bills low.
- Check AC’s refrigerant levels to ensure your AC is blowing cold air. If the technician notices the level is low, this could indicate a possible leak in the system.
- Changing the air filter during the Spring visit will help your unit run more efficiently and will keep down dust and allergens in your home.
- Tighten electrical connections as well as inspect the fan blades and motor for damage and normal wear.
- This is also a great time for the technician to lubricate the parts as needed and inspect safety devices for proper operation.
- Check the operation of all HVAC units (heating, cooling) to make sure everything is in peak running condition for the upcoming season.
- Clean out the outdoor unit to remove any leaves, twigs, grass, dirt, etc. that might have gathered during the winter months.
- Test the thermostat for proper operation, calibrate and level to ensure your home is heating and cooling to the right temperature.
- Most air conditioners have a drainage hole on the base of the cabinet. This hole needs to be kept clear so that the air conditioner works properly. The technician will remove any obstructions during the inspection as he flushes and treats the condensate drain.
- Inspect ductwork to check for leaks.
Ideally, you should have your air conditioning and heating equipment checked before the beginning of a new season. This routine preventative maintenance will help ensure that your system is working properly and ready for the new season of heating or cooling your home. Taking care of this important part of your home is a great way to save money and rest assured that your family will be comfortable no matter what Mother Nature brings.
Need furnace repair or replacement? Call Albemarle Heating and Air!
Or check out our Google reviews and see why our customers consistently rate us so highly!
*Mention this ad when scheduling
What a pleasure it was turning on the shower last night and having immediate hot water! Also, using the much more comfortable and clean toilets! Once again, we are very pleased with the work your crew did!
I love Albemarle Heating and Air. Every single person we have ever had has been polite, concerned, efficient and knowledgeable. We have had them service both our furnace and our air conditioner and I felt good about every interaction ...
Albemarle Heating and Air has been servicing our HVAC for going on 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to deal with, and professional. Highly recommend!!
The technicians are always punctual, polite, and knowledgeable and take the time to explain their recommendations.
The technician was personable and knowledgeable on the repair. Great experience. I would use AH&A again!
The technician conducted a routine checkup of my HVAC system. He called me before he arrived, early in the four-hour window. He made sure to wear coverings on his feet. Told me what he was doing as he worked ...