Understanding Tankless Water Heaters
Traditional and tankless water heaters both provide hot water to homes. Traditional water heaters store the heated water in a tank while it awaits use within the home. Tankless water heaters have no tank, heating your water on demand. The result is a more energy-efficient wall-mounted solution that takes up far less space. Most homeowners who have switched to tankless water heaters never want to return to traditional water heaters. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how tankless water heaters work and some of their many advantages.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Tankless water heaters use energy to immediately heat cold water as soon as it enters the system. There’s no energy expended to heat and store hot water. In gas or propane units, a gas burner is used. Electric units use resistance heating coils. A capacity between 2 and 5 gallons per minute means a virtually unlimited hot water supply. The system then promptly disburses the hot water to the fixtures or appliances needing it.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters offer several benefits when compared to traditional water heaters, including:
- Constant hot water supply: Water is heated on demand, and there’s no tank to empty.
- Efficiency: With no tank to heat, there’s no energy wasted heating a tank full of water that’s not being used. That means lower utility bills.
- Convenience: Most tankless units have a control panel giving homeowners flexible control over unit settings. This means more control over its operation and related costs.
- Fuel flexibility: Tankless water heaters can run on a variety of fuels, including electricity, propane, and natural gas.
- Longer life span: On average, well-maintained tankless water heaters can last as long as 20 years. Standard water heaters only last 10 to 15 years.
- Footprint: The footprint of a tankless water heater is virtually nothing since it’s wall-mounted. When some standard water heaters eliminate parking space in a garage, footprint matters.
- Home value: A home on the market, listed with a tankless water heater, is more attractive to potential buyers.
Professional Tankless Water Heater Services in Charlottesville, VA
The experts at Albemarle Heating & Air have the experience and expertise to handle all your tankless water heater needs, including:
- Tankless water heater installation: Our professionals can assess your home’s hot water needs to help you determine whether a tankless water heater might be the best choice. We’ll help you select and install the right model quickly and efficiently.
- Tankless water heater repair: If your tankless unit needs repair, we’ll arrive promptly and have it back up and running quickly.
- Tankless water heater maintenance: Our pros will help you look after your investment with routine tune-ups to keep it running at peak performance.
Our highly trained, background-checked HVAC technicians have earned many certifications and industry awards. We’re fully licensed and insured, and we service all brands. Our customers know we take our peace-of-mind guarantees seriously and our dedication to quality customer service and professional workmanship. We even have financing options, coupons, and special offers to make things a little easier.
What a pleasure it was turning on the shower last night and having immediate hot water! Also, using the much more comfortable and clean toilets! Once again, we are very pleased with the work your crew did!
I love Albemarle Heating and Air. Every single person we have ever had has been polite, concerned, efficient and knowledgeable. We have had them service both our furnace and our air conditioner and I felt good about every interaction ...
Albemarle Heating and Air has been servicing our HVAC for going on 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to deal with, and professional. Highly recommend!!
The technicians are always punctual, polite, and knowledgeable and take the time to explain their recommendations.
The technician was personable and knowledgeable on the repair. Great experience. I would use AH&A again!
The technician conducted a routine checkup of my HVAC system. He called me before he arrived, early in the four-hour window. He made sure to wear coverings on his feet. Told me what he was doing as he worked ...