When Should I Get My AC Tuned Up in Virginia?
When winter finally ends and it starts to feel like spring in Virginia, it’s a good idea to start thinking about AC maintenance. You’ve relied on your furnace or boiler for months, leaving your air conditioner to sit. Take this opportunity to get your cooling system ready for the hot days ahead.
By scheduling maintenance in the spring or early summer, you can ensure your system is fully prepared for the part of the year when it will be under the most strain.
How Often Should I Service My Air Conditioner?
Your air conditioner, like other equipment, needs an annual tune-up to function at its best. This lets you minimize the wear and tear accumulated over time, as worn-out components stress other components more, creating a feedback loop without proper attention. It’s also a chance for your HVAC technician to spot problems or even safety hazards like leaking condensate or electrical problems that need repairs before they get more severe.
But annual professional maintenance is only half of the equation. You’ll also want to perform a few DIY maintenance tasks throughout the year to get the best results and save the most money:
- Change your air filter every few months, more often if you have pets or severe allergy symptoms
- Clean debris, such as leaves, dirt, dust, etc., from your outdoor unit
- Trim back trees and shrubs growing too close to the exterior unit
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioning Tune-Ups
So why jump through all these hoops to keep your AC running its best if you’re already comfortable enough without the effort? Routine tune-ups offer:
- An extended service life: Your system will last longer on average with annual tune-ups and won’t need premature replacement.
- Improved reliability: Avoid breakdowns on the hottest days.
- Reduced repair costs: Catching problems early makes them easier and more affordable to resolve.
- Lower electrical bills: A more efficient system costs less to run each year.
- Minimized risk of serious issues: Refrigerant leaks and electrical hazards can be prevented.
- Better comfort and air quality: Clean components and filters mean you’ll be more comfortable through the warmer months of the year.
What To Expect During AC Maintenance
Air conditioning maintenance involves inspecting your system, cleaning parts, replacing minor components, and testing your system. Your technician will:
- Test thermostat operation and recalibrate if needed
- Tighten electrical connections
- Replace air filters
- Check the fan
- Check refrigerant pressure
- Inspect for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect ductwork
- And more
Schedule AC Maintenance in Charlottesville, VA Today
Whether it’s time for your annual maintenance appointment, or you’ve gone years without it, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Albemarle Heating & Air today to schedule service. Our NATE-certified technicians will deliver great results backed by exceptional customer service so you can have peace of mind.
Be sure to ask about our Maintenance Club for an easy way to keep up with routine HVAC maintenance. You’ll also enjoy:
- A 20% discount on parts and labor
- Priority service
- Reduced diagnostic and overtime fees
- Members-only offers
What a pleasure it was turning on the shower last night and having immediate hot water! Also, using the much more comfortable and clean toilets! Once again, we are very pleased with the work your crew did!
I love Albemarle Heating and Air. Every single person we have ever had has been polite, concerned, efficient and knowledgeable. We have had them service both our furnace and our air conditioner and I felt good about every interaction ...
Albemarle Heating and Air has been servicing our HVAC for going on 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to deal with, and professional. Highly recommend!!
The technicians are always punctual, polite, and knowledgeable and take the time to explain their recommendations.
The technician was personable and knowledgeable on the repair. Great experience. I would use AH&A again!
The technician conducted a routine checkup of my HVAC system. He called me before he arrived, early in the four-hour window. He made sure to wear coverings on his feet. Told me what he was doing as he worked ...